Late last week the news broke that Mohawk is collaborating with Emily Ley Paper and Gifts — and I can’t think of a better marriage between two brands. All editions of the Emily Ley 2016-17 Simplified Planner Collection will now feature luxurious Mohawk Via paper.
“For years, we’ve searched high and low for the perfect paper for our Simplified Planners,” explained Emily. “Planner paper is very important to us. It’s the canvas upon which we record our most special dates and important tasks. Mohawk Via has been a longtime favorite of mine. Its quality and luxury is surpassed only by the character of the Mohawk organization.”
“We’re thrilled Emily Ley selected Mohawk Via for her brand’s line of 2017 Simplified Planners,” echoed Bart Robinson, Senior Vice President, Marketing at Mohawk. “Our collaboration is a natural fit. Mohawk and Emily share an appreciation for using the highest quality materials, and we all believe strongly in the importance of heritage and craftsmanship. As a fourth generation family-owned business, Mohawk’s heritage of loyalty, dedication and perseverance is the foundation for everything we do, which aligns with Emily’s business and family values as well. ”
The Simplified Planner carved a niche for itself by featuring four streamlined, purposeful sections: schedule, to do, notes and dinner. These 2016-17 editions, filled with luxurious Mohawk Via, include:
- 2016-17 Academic Daily Edition. These feature one day per page and shared weekend pages, dated August 2016 through July 2017. Love the new fancy floral cover!
- 2016-17 Weekly Edition: These feature monthly spreads and one week per two-page-spread, dated August 2016 through December 2017. Choose from four cheery shades in their new book-bound format with leatherette covers.
- 2017 Calendar Year Daily Edition: With monthly spreads and a simple day-on-a-page format, these are dated January through December 2017. (The new 2017 Daily Edition will be released in September 2016.)
Here’s a peek at the Via-filled designs:
Other offerings from the Emily Ley collection featuring Mohawk papers include:
- The Dapper Desk planner. Designed for the gents, this genuine weathered saddle leather planner is filled with posh Mohawk Via Vellum paper, complete with a navy ribbon page marker
- Art prints by Emily Ley. Emily’s favorite quotes and family phrases are gold foil printed on premium, ultra-thick Mohawk Via Vellum paper. Six designs are new for 2016-17.
- New for 2016-7, Big Kid Books — building on the popularity of Emily’s Baby Books — are filled with Mohawk Via paper.
Mark your calendar (or planner) now — the new Simplified Planner designs will be available at EmilyLey.com May 11 at 10 am EST. Until then, you can shop Emily’s current offerings there or in 600 retail outlets across the U.S. and around the world.
Expect both Emily Ley and Mohawk to have a big presence at National Stationery Show next month. Emily Ley will be in Booth 2831, while Mohawk will be in Booths 2656 + 2657. Mohawk’s Superfine — which turns 70 this year alongside NSS — is the official paper of the show, and Mohawk will be exhibiting their awe-inspiring Strathmore Archives in their booths. Take it from me, miss that display at your own design peril!